What Did You Do Today? (2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanx tinny
Yes the three door comment was for the trunk floor being an escape hatch. The floor was so full of holes it more like a screen than a floor. The previous owner had "pop riveted" a, 1/8" steel plate to the trunk floor to support the fuel tank.

The 33 is called a "Vicky" by the owner. I expained that it should be called a tudor......... He insists its a Vicky........... so its a 33 Vicky (the customer is always right)?

Your way to busy Les!!!....but you sure are good at what you do!!.....which takes me back to my first comment that your way to busy Les!

Thanx tinny
The 33 is called a "Vicky" by the owner. I expained that it should be called a tudor......... He insists its a Vicky........... so its a 33 Vicky (the customer is always right)?

Sounds like you need to educate him, perhaps with photos off the net so he doesn't make a fool of himself in the future at rod runs or where ever.

Today was one of "those". I'm told wisdom comes with age ...ummm..maybe not. My wife's bike was in the way so I gave it a gentle nudge & it fell over onto a cactus...an hour later she jumped on & flat tire. So peeled it off the rim and found a big cactus spike in the side wall. Also found the heat down here turned the liner around the spoke bases to dust ...rubber doesn't like this climate! So down to the Wall mart for a guaranteed no flat tube & a roll of liner tape. Did the drill & just b4 airing it noticed a tube laying beside.. I remounted the old one! So, redo etc. compressor ed up & spun ..wobble so noticed the tube sticking a bit out of the sidewall ...shoving it in & BOOM ..my dog is 80# & he almost cleared the 4" fence! So no bike today..then I thought about solving my ATV electrical problem....NOT!!!!! :eek:

...Wet sanding/polishing/buffing is done.... Rolled it out in the sun for a look. then hauled it back home to my shop. minus 17c here today so no wet, slushy streets ....
Stan. ....................

IMG_2690.jpg

IMG_2691.jpg

IMG_2693.jpg

yes, they are the place to go for driveshafts. They sandblast, shorten it, replace all the u-joints and balance them and paint them black all for approx. $150.00

I have had quite a few done there.:D

They were great Brian..Ive had 3 driveshafts done there in the last 6 or so years...and no surprizes...great guys.:)

...Wet sanding/polishing/buffing is done.... Rolled it out in the sun for a look. then hauled it back home to my shop. minus 17c here today so no wet, slushy streets ....
Stan. ....................

So...you coming over to do mine next?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Looking great Stan, I am surprised you don't have a stone guard on that trailer to stop any stones from hitting your stock you haul around and causing any chips etc. Especially the ones you find in a farm yard :)

So...you coming over to do mine next?

...I think I'll pass....My next car will be finished in a nice shade of suede.....Its a bit labor intensive, gives your arms a good workout, got no finger prints now, BUT, my hands havn't been this clean in years...:D
...Not to worry about chips there John. It wasn't very far (10 miles) I didn't go very fast and pavement all the way.....
Stan. ...........

The car looks great Stan a nasty job that cut polish.. labour intensive and actually not that much fun,, don't ever believe anyone who says different!! Bet your plenty happy to be done!!

nice job,,

Bash

I changed the oil in the hotrod today...and then started it up. It took about 30 seconds before my car guy neighbour came running over to see what I was up too......we just listend to the V8 idiling and I think we both had a flash back to spring and summer!! Brrr...cold in the koots today

Gramps........ I have managed to fit in a few days ice fishin with my sweety. This being kidless is great. The 33 tudor is staying here until its running and painted. Buddy was over yesterday and we had a defining chat of his expectations.

Stan ......... the "Taint" is looking great, nice job polishing (but its a ton of work).

I spent the last three days trying to have a piece of steel removed from my eye (No idea where it came from..... the missus will concur - no shop time involved). One trip to the Hospital and one trip to the local optician (everyone was grinding on my eye....). Little to no sleep for a couple of nights. Finally had to go to Trail and have it removed by a ophthalmologist surgeon. The surgeon assumed the metal sliver was in my hair......... LOL... thats a good one, and it fell in and I rubbed my eye to embed it so bad. Oh well..... live and learn. I always wear safety glasses when they are needed............. I just never knew I had too much hair...... :eek:

The weather has been so great down here that I was afraid to pull my roadster apart, but I did it anyway..... sunny and 54 F here right now! Changed the rear gears to 3.25's, packed front bearings, picked up a fresh block and crank at the machine shop, spent way too much at the parts store, and I have a list of about a dozen other things that I want to do. Any day working on a roadster is a good one.....
Clarke

I would like to see some pics of Gas Pumps and Coca Cola signs they do not show much on TV.So pics,pics,pics,pics.:D

I left Ft McMurray this morning, now sitting in Two Hills Alberta waiting to go to Brooks then reload and off to Sweetgrass Alberta.

Status
Not open for further replies.