What Did You Do Today? (2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Restorex, I am wondering if you couldn't get some of those solar powered garden lights and insert them in the lights, that would save you running a cord etc.

Stan get what you have on the go done first ..... crikey we have to tell you young fellas all the time don't we :D:D (I know you're the same age as me, near enough)

Das Bullet,
Wir nein sprechen Deutsch.
Danke schoen
scottenzeebanffen

Cabovers make me harder than grade 12 algebra.
Good thing I only have one hand today...

He didn't mean the COE Panel was a 40, he ment the coupe above it. Re-read the post.

Stan, the '47 COE grafted on that panel would look some sweet.

Scott, NEIN in German means NOT, but you knew that, right ?

Woops! :eek: My mistake.

And the cab over front end would be awesome on your panel!

Went to the 1st "Bringing Pomona to Phoenix" swap meet at the fairgrounds ..lots of area & vendors..so-so for '30's-'60 stuff.. took a few photos
Phoenixswapmeet004.jpg

Very nice!

Installed the rock guard behind the front cross member, after spending an inordinate amount of time trying to get to two bolt heads to loosen off the nylocs holding the clamps on the fuel line. It was in the way to get a bolt into place to hold the rock guard.

While under there, checked all the bolts for tightness, everything a okay, no leaks either.

The coupe and all four fenders are now gray. The rears are going to need an extra sanding, discovered a few pinholes that i forgot were there.

Spent a few hours this evening in the shop on the 51 Meteor. Cleaned, DP90'ed the floor and shot on some ProForm Rubberized gravelguard to clean up the floors. Attempting to match is as best as i can to the original tar crap. It is now cleaned enough for a driver parts go getter.

302.jpg

303.jpg

Not today but the last few days....got the stroker and 700R4 mounted in the 55..sent the driveshaft out to be shortened also. Lots of little details to look after but its coming along nicely I think..
P1000777.jpg
P1000772.jpg

Last edited:
The 58 Impala 3dr HT has left the building....

rust6.jpg

rust4.jpg

58impalarust13.jpg

58impalarust16.jpg

rust33.jpg

rust28.jpg

rust3.jpg

rust40.jpg

Buddy is very very happy with the job.

...... now on to that 33 vicky......

Last edited:
Fortyseven

Did they balance for you as well?? By the way, the swap looks great !:)

The 33 Vicky begins

A few quick snaps

33Vicky.jpg

33Vicky17.jpg

33Vicky3.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

I have a few hours in it so far. The LH glass front fender fits like crap..... I gotta do a major on that one. After I have it mocked up I have the electrical to run then finish the body work and go to paint. It will probably be here most of the winter and into early summer. The under carriage and drive train are completed and look amazing. I will try and update as it goes. TTFN .

I know I've been lax with pics..... I'll try to behave in the future.

I gots questions.......

#1 Is there a story behind a '58 Impala being called a 3 dr hardtop?

........... nice metalwork by the way

#2 '33 Vicky build looks suspiciously like a '33 Tudor to me. Are you intending to Vickyize it?

Thanx tinny
Yes the three door comment was for the trunk floor being an escape hatch. The floor was so full of holes it more like a screen than a floor. The previous owner had "pop riveted" a, 1/8" steel plate to the trunk floor to support the fuel tank.

The 33 is called a "Vicky" by the owner. I expained that it should be called a tudor......... He insists its a Vicky........... so its a 33 Vicky (the customer is always right)?

I gots questions.......

#1 Is there a story behind a '58 Impala being called a 3 dr hardtop?

........... nice metalwork by the way

#2 '33 Vicky build looks suspiciously like a '33 Tudor to me. Are you intending to Vickyize it?

ok the driveshaft is now bolted in..lol drive products in port kells rocks..:)

yes, they are the place to go for driveshafts. They sandblast, shorten it, replace all the u-joints and balance them and paint them black all for approx. $150.00

I have had quite a few done there.:D

Oh ....... and I thought you were going to make a 2dr. hardtop into a 3 dr. which in itself would be rather cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.