What Did You Do Today? (2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
People say,'What did you do to yourself?'
I sez ,'Doc did this to me...why do you people always think I do this to myself?'
photo-26.jpg

Missing the last bracket on the last /img tag.

Planned surgery. Same as last Jan, so I'm not sure if it was warranty work or if I'm falling apart. My guess is the latter.
Bullet, what did you do with the puppies?

Stayed up late last night watching a movie so that when I noticed it was 4:30am, I decided just to stay up because we were going to a CR breakie about 45 minutes away and had to leave home by 8:00am anyway. Breakie was great and after a bit of shopping we headed for home. I was so tired that I fell fast asleep at a red light. The idiot behind me was honking the horn so I woke up and drove the rest of the way home.......I should have a nap!:D

Friend has been telling me I need to make a cover for the wiring at the terminal strip, so voila, bent up a piece of lexan and covered it with some seat fabric I had kicking around, What else are you going to do on a rainy day in January, can't shovel snow as we don't have any. Next on the to do list is make some door panels.

IMG_3756.jpg

IMG_3760.jpg

IMG_3759.jpg

Last edited:
I cannot believe it was 9 degrees and sunny. So I did what any sane person would do, hooked the battery back up and went for a ride in the t-bucket :D

I just knew if I held out long enough I would get one more cruise before I start tearing it apart!

Went to the 1st "Bringing Pomona to Phoenix" swap meet at the fairgrounds ..lots of area & vendors..so-so for '30's-'60 stuff.. took a few photos
Phoenixswapmeet004.jpg

Phoenixswapmeet003.jpg

Phoenixswapmeet008.jpg

Cleanest '40 you'll you'll find but the delivery had me going ..It's made from a COE with Vw fenders, dodge rear gate & roof and handmade sides. well done $35k

....Now that panel/cabover is giving me ideas. This is what I have just sitting in my back 40.......:D
Stan. .....................

47-coe-2Small.jpg

Picture006Large.jpg

Picture005Large.jpg

Went to pick up the '28 Chev this morning and here is how it sat....
CA11DA07.jpg

Got it home, had a coffee, grabbed my MIG and started welding....
70556D00.jpg

I tack welded everything together as these old Chevs are wood and crumbling.
796B3A1E.jpg

This how it looked by 3:00 this afternoon. I now have the other side on also. I just need to find a couple parts to complete the body. Also need to dig up some wheels for it. I'm going to run a cord to the headlights and tailights with small bulbs, so I can light it up in the evening.
Terry

47-coe-2Small.jpg

That's is beauty. Cabovers are awesome, maybe I'll get mine on the road one day

Last edited:
I love the oval grill of the '38/'39, so I don't think the finished panel pictured is a '40 - maybe just the wrong hood?

He didn't mean the COE Panel was a 40, he ment the coupe above it. Re-read the post.

Stan, the '47 COE grafted on that panel would look some sweet.

Scott, NEIN in German means NOT, but you knew that, right ?

Last edited:
He didn't mean the COE Panel was a 40, he ment the coupe above it. Re-read the post.

Stan, the '47 COE grafted on that panel would look some sweet.

Scott, NEIN in German means NOT, but you knew that, right ?
Yep, the '40 coupe & the sdn delivery or panel are different items. So Stan just do it!! Put your own spin on the finished product ..it's always neat seeing something & getting it rolling in your own mind, similar but your's!!

Restorex what is that white stuff? 10c here today nice job on the Chevy looks like you will be ready to go on the Canadian Rodder tour in 166 days.:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.