What Did You Do Today? (2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots...well kinda for around here anyways.
Have been working on my son's project with him for the last few months. '57 Beetle that will be sitting on S10 chassis....he thinks it will get the Ford V6 that Kustomshoebox has 'donated'...but there is a slightly different plan evolving. The frame is now prepared for 13-1/2" shortening. The Lad is on a few weeks away so we have moved his 'stuff' out of the machine shop and moved the 55 Belair in for its next adjustment.
Winter is moving in, and the world didn't end so before everything got moved around yesterday we had to attach the snow blower to the Kubota and make some paths.
Boddy is damn sore this am, but planning on heading to the shop now that the 55 is all warmed up, and start removing front sheet metal. Prep for firewall openning. 455 install is the game before young man returns and kicks my beast out of the shop. Haha.
Now for the coveralls.
Greg

....And for something to keep me awake at night planning ... have to invent hood latches...........
Stan. ..............

36dec12012Large.jpg

Bash has a nice setup under his project 34 thread . may give you some Ideas on direction to make it work

Winter is moving in, and the world didn't end so before everything got moved around yesterday we had to attach the snow blower to the Kubota and make some paths.
Boddy is damn sore this am,

Still bare ground in the sunny south hoping the snow blower only moves from the frount of the garage to its storage spot like last year still sitting at + 1. Christmass shoping is done a hole day before . Life is good

I got a set of Dan Fink latches from a model A and plan to modify them to use on my 26 Sedan. If you make the side panels hook over the square tube, and the top panels lock into the latches, it will all be clean and neat.

Russ

...A while back (OK... quite a while back) I started to build a Coca-Cola Luggage trailer. But got side tracked. Well, this being the build season I thought I would drag it back front an center....I put the frame/axle together way back when, so today I made some tail light brackets and welded in some plugs for bumper brackets for a bumper that I don't know what I'm using yet... :confused: ...and I stripped off the trim to send out to the platers to make them all perdy again.... but.... one piece has some corrosion issues, so will need a bit of attention first..........and of course I got pitures.... I need a hobby... got way too much time on my hands..... :D
Stan. ............

IMG_2315.jpg

2ndsprings21280x960.jpg

IMG_45711280x960.jpg

IMG_45721280x960.jpg

IMG_45781280x960.jpg

IMG_45771280x960.jpg

IMG_45731280x960.jpg

IMG_45761280x960.jpg

IMG_45751280x960.jpg

Stan that is a neat project, I wish I had the energy you seem to have, all I want to do lately is sleep when I am not working. Mind you I have had a couple of days off so feeling a bit brighter today, Jan picked me up from the truck yesterday afternoon and I was asleep within about 1/2 a mile from the truck with her driving of course. I might go and see what parts I have for the A, mind you I still need a front end and trans and diff. before I am ready to just hook into it.

I like to Coke trailer idea, I know Mike Cword has one and there would be a ton of room in them I would think.

Last edited:
Boddy is damn sore this am.

Same problem here. We cleared around 27" of fresh stuff yesterday from about the same amount of hours dump and I am definitely sore today.

... Ivy's new house now has a floor:D ... wiring and boiler left to do then going to paint the floor when it's fully cured ....

NewFoor_zps3600db2a.jpg

Nice, i like it. Now fill it with beer and ice................ er......... Coke and ice.

.....Yup, we gave it a practice run of sorts last night..... :D
Stan. ...........

IMG_45801280x960.jpg

Be careful about painting the floor. On the old shop where I used to work, they had a painted floor and it got really slippery, especially with a bit of oil and water or floor dry on it. I have had a ladder slide out from under me a few times... and it does hurt. Concrete sealer might be better as that is absorbed into the concrete.

Russ

Stan,
I was thinking a water tight divider wall for cold ones on one side and travelling gear on the other would be cool.

...These coolers are actually a two compartment build. The lower part is where the motor/compresser went. Now empty. So, now to put a floor in it and make a door for it. I don't think they ever had a lower door as this side went against the wall and air flow was needed to keep the compresser cool.
...So, I will put a flat deck on the trailer frame then bolt the cooler on top of that. Sort of easy I guess. For this I use old fridge doors. Yup, just like off the fridge in your kitchen. The metal is about 18/20 gauge, easy to work with and weld as it is not recycled metal but first time thru the mill, AND ... they give them to you free at the dump....:)... Now the top part can stay all cooler compartment.... And of course I took pitures....
Won't get much done this evening as we bought new living room furnature last night that "needs some assembly" ... so I guess thats my job tonight.... :(
Stan. ..........

IMG_45821280x960.jpg

IMG_45831280x960.jpg

IMG_45841280x960.jpg

IMG_45871280x960.jpg

Looked outside this morning. Seen the way Jack Frost was on the trees, I decided I needed to take a winter scenic picture of my two kids before Christmas.
006_zpsfc08b3d7.jpg

Driller,..if you don't mind me asking,..what method are you using to hold the hoods down / secure on your cars ?? I am just using the very top ( hinged ) portion of the hood on my '30 Model A ( no side doors ) and not having much luck dreaming up a latch mechanism.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.