Clutch Popper Wednesdays

Cool liittle project alright, you'll enjoy that in the summer, good for you, great to see that old pic as well, aint life fun eh when you got a bunch of mates hanging out with like that.

Used to look foward to fridays and now I'm looking foward to what's happening on wednesday with the Clutch Poppers.

Keep it coming guys, I'm keeping an eye on this one.

Gil

The new west is awesome! It gives you that "AT HOME" feeling away from home, good food inexpensive, I am only 29 but I remember restaurants like this when I was like 9 or ten, havent seen one for years, brings back fond memories.

I kinda feel you got jipped Lee, I was freakin tired from work, so I didnt work as productively as I could have, and we moved our stuff on your night...... Thats ok, when I build the shifter for johnnys selector box I'll do all the prototyping on his and give you the good stuff hahahaha!

I kinda feel you got jipped Lee, I was freakin tired from work, so I didnt work as productively as I could have, and we moved our stuff on your night.....

Thats okay, you said you had Friday off, you can come and work on my roadster all day to make up for it :D

Well as I said in the intro, we do also get together on Sundays, and sometimes work on cars, or sometime sit in Johnnys back yard. Well it's a little cold in the backyard, so we decided to work on some cars instead.

Johnny cut some rust out of his T coupe 1/4 panel, and welded in a new piece.
PB210285.jpg

PB210286.jpg

PB210287.jpg

I got some more of my floor finished in my roadster.

PB210284.jpg

But Dave decided to ditch us to go hang out at the mall with santa. Poor Dave, I don't think he had very much fun.

tumblr_kuc8zwNFRa1qzks03o1_400.jpg

Wednesday night again...
We started our night by going over to the Newwest again for supper. Meatloaf was the special tonight. It was great. Pecan pie for desert.... Doesnt get much better.

When we came back from dinner Johnny and Dave got started on stripping the 394 for johnny's T coupe. Getting it ready for the hot tank.

PB250295.jpg

PB250296.jpg

They made a huge mess on the floor (but cleaned it up afterwards) and never took any pictures for you guys, sorrry. But i'm sure they will next week. They just got caught up in the fun of stripping a greasy old engine down.
While they were doing that I finished up the patch Johnny and I put in his 1/4 panel on Sunday. Welded up a few pinholes, some planishing, and have it pretty well metal finished now. I was distracted for a few hours while a customer and I went over his car, but to make up for it I worked on Johnny's car until 12:30. He did after all buy me supper!
The 1/4 still needs another patch in the back (the wheel wells are getting cut out) and some minor dent repair and it should be ready to bolt back on.

PB250297.jpg

Anyways, thats all for now...

"Jalopy Kid" made my day when he offered me a tour of the shop where he and the rest of the Clutch Poppers hang out. I felt like a kid, I was looking at everything, seeing rods up close, inspecting the shrinker and the planishing? machines, asked a 100 questions and tried to make sure I stayed out of the way. Now, I am really stoked on building my car after being encouraged by the fellows. This was better than a candystore for me. Thanks guys. U.B.

Hey Lee and the guys do some Kool stuff i have been too his shop and known Lee for a while . keep up the great work Lee

Well another Wednesday has passed us buy. This Wednesday was Dave's night and once again he took us to the fabulous New West Hotel for supper!
PC010290.jpg

Tonight's special was Bacon and Tomato omelet with hashbrowns. It was delightful.
PC010292.jpg

Oh and Vanilla pudding for desert. Well they said it was vanilla, but I think it was butterscotch. Johnny couldn't tell either. Anyways, it was good.

While we were there, Daves car was sitting in the shop thawing out. He bought a car cover for it, so now it won't get covered in snow.
PC010294.jpg

When we got back, Dave started wiring up the engine bay.
PC010295.jpg

Cloth covered wiring is a bitch to strip!
PC010298.jpg

While he was doing that I started building brackets to hold Daves lake pipes. 1 1/2", it's gonna be snappy!
PC010296.jpg

PC010300.jpg

And Johnny crawled underneath to hook up the shifter linkage and the rest of the transmission stuff.
PC010297.jpg

PC010302.jpg

Dave double checking everything is hooked up right...
PC010304.jpg

And by the end of the night, both lake pipes were mounted (not hooked up yet), the clutch and shifter linkage was all hooked up and working, and most of the engine is wired up. Pretty soon this thing should move under it's own power again.
PC020306.jpg

It was a great supper! we got lots done tonight! I am excited to get it driving! The picture where my leg sticks out the front is funny, my leg looks broken!

Just my lowly opinion, but those 1 1/2" lakers look like pee shooters on that big car. ;) 2 1/2" would have filled it out better.

Or in my case, 4" side pipes, the bigger, the badder, ......... vroooooom vroooooom.

Waaaaaaa, who gives a sh!t right ?

.....Bullet....Bullet....Bullet.....there's nothing trad about 4" booming pipes except on Corvettes maybe....they look great on your Stoooodie but the 1 1/2"'s are the Bees Knees......(they'll also make the six banger really snap, crackle and pop)....

Yeah, yeah, I know .......... I was just kiddin' about the 4" Howitzers I have on the Studie, they wouldn't suit that Chebbie and they're certainly not traditional. I just thought the 1 1/2" looked a bit small on that car, I even had to look twice because I thought it was an optical illusion. I guess I've never seen anyone use side pipes that small before. I'd have to hear them perform to get the logic.
But I also said who gives a shite. It's his car, do what you will.

Last edited: