Starting a new Henry J project

Henry J

I'm starting my Hj project and will post progress as I go along. A bit O history. I drove this car around Prince George in 1967 It smoked like crazy and had not much power in it's flat head 4 . Through the years I have collected what I think is the best of parts Now is the time to start. My last Henry J I managed to get on the road when I turned 50 and next spring I turn 60 and I will have this car on the street
frontpicture.jpg
[/IMG]

HJ

boxedrightside.jpg
[/IMG]The frame. I am using a ford 8 inch panhard bar traction bars etc The front is Fatman with tubular A arms I boxed the rear of the frame by cutting another frame up and using the side rails. This would work for any car I guess
framepic.jpg
[/IMG]

HJ

For wheels I intend to run with dog dish caps I have 5 NOS Hj caps and will make wheels to fit the openings The front will be HJ centers and 52 Plymouth outers
014-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Off to a good start. Fatman front / Ford 8 out back. What's up for power & tranny ? Keep us posted.

Last edited:
I've seen stock car guy's do that take the centres out of rims and revers them always wondered how they would get them true tho?

HJ wheel

HMM being old school hot rodder I have kept all my magazines from the mid sixties up This idea is from Rod and Custom May 1967 and we did some 53 ford wheels because of it Of coarse Stocton wheel will do it for you
013.jpg
[/IMG]

Nice looking Henry J.... I'm looking forward to updates.
Back in high school (1959-63) we had access to a big lathe and would split Buick rims and put Ford centers in them with just about any offset you needed. Today you can buy almost anything from Stockton Wheel or Rally America.
Clarke

hj

henry j project looks like she might have some horsepower whats you running , good luck earl,see ya this summer barry

I think they are a neat thing those HJ's, thanks for the updates, I look forward to sdeeing the next installments, is that the original Chassis for the car you are doing or is it a donor chassis. We never saw these down here but I did see a couple at Deuce days in 07 a very neat Yellow one and a black one as well for the first time and yes I do like them.

Damn Earl...If you're going full tilt on the next one,I guess I better start on my '38 Willys coupe.I now have the last piece of original steeeel needed and am running out of excuses.:rolleyes: