Starting a new Henry J project

Good to see you at'er Earl...I know you have been looking forward to this for quite awhile....go for it....

I've seen stock car guy's do that take the centres out of rims and revers them always wondered how they would get them true tho?

I reversed the rear rims on my 1953 Pontiac back in 1962. They had riveted centers back then so I drilled out the rivets, reversed the center, re-aligned all the rivet holes and had a neighbour weld them up for me. Not bad for a 15 year old kid. The deal at the dragstrip then was to paint half the wheel black and half silver. The centers are pressed in so hammering them back in with a sledge and keeping the rivet holes lined up was tough. Today you'd just chuck'm in a lathe and use a dial indicater. I just had an extra pair made for my '34.

This one's for sale on RacingJunk.com $55,000
19843399-055-henry-J-pro-street.jpg

19843391-833-henry-J-pro-street.jpg

Do not underestimate the talent you guys have in PG.

I am sure with a little nipple squeezin' you could muster up a few extra hands at the right time.

Build it and race it .

Ozzie Bob:)

Henry J

002.jpg
[/IMG]Well it's been exactly one month since I started on my frame Here is a few update pic's
004.jpg
[/IMG]

Henry J

A few people kinda want to know what power I will use Here it is. A 1969 4 bolt block with patriot heads. air gap intake Comp cams thumper camshaft. I am going to make some plates to cover up the end of each head to clean it up and will be painting the whole engine.
005-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Henry J

The rear is nearly done I will us 325 gears with a traction lock lakewood traction bars. I put in a panhard rod to keep the rear in line
003.jpg
[/IMG]

Henry J

Here is the over all view of one month's work This week end I will mount the body on and start fixing rust in the floor And report in next month.
006.jpg
[/IMG]

And, for all you Prince George guys, we are visiting Earl's garage this coming Thursday night, December 9th. See ya all there ! :):):)

7:30 or so, give or take.....................

Henry J

037.jpg
[/IMG]A little update I had to remove all the broken studs that hold the quarter panel
038.jpg
[/IMG]

Looking very nice. You have a very unique project going on, and it rattles my memories of when Henry J's were prolific. Nice to see a survivor that hasn't been butchered, and thanks for sharing it with us.
Clarke

I didn't realise those rear 1/4's unbolted like that, are they new panels on the rear that you were able to buy reproductions of ??. I like those a lot.

Please do keep us posted on this neat ride to be.

Thing is ...... how do you get in there with a screwdriver. I know it had to have a 90 degree on it, but still, probably not an easy task..

Henry J

John the quarter panels are from my old HJ that i built 10 years ago See page two . I used cut up panels for that car and saved the black ones for this project