A Little Off The Top---Please

Hunter

well the time has come to chop this baby---Tinmann--Billy Hill--Krusty and myself are going to do a little slicing and dicing--I'm sure there will be others that will help like BCT and Dumprat---if you want to stop by feel free to do so---might not be too much socializing from us 4 but you will understand---Kamloops is the place---3112 Westsyde Road is the address--if your lost phone 250-579-8505--bring your own wobbly pop and say hi--should be interesting---Aug 7 which is this Friday--Sat--Sun and probably Monday:D:D:D:D

100_1531.jpg

So who is the designated photographer?

Progress shots every 30 minutes ....................?

Yeah I know all work and no time to socialize.

Go at it guys and enjoy the challenge

Ozzie Bob:cool:

this is gonna be fun!...been looking forward to it for months.....i'll be bringing my shop camera fer sher....

Making a list (of tools) ..... checking it twice ..... gonna make a chebby naughty but nice ......

Two days to go............ I'll talk to Billy Hill tonight and come up with an ETA.

Hunter that is a real fine example and will look as sharp as a tck when you guys are finished with it. I couldn't believe just how good that body really is, I hope you have pleanty of photos of the before and the floor is spotless, unreal.

Looking forward to the progress pics.

Hmmm..............

Shades of the past, sounds like a ''BC bacon wack too me'' Hey where's Linc?
Keep us onions posted!
Dennis :)

Chop-a-way

Hunter... I'm coming through Kamloops Thursday August 13th... sort of on my way to Goodguys in Spokane. Can I stop by to see how you made out? I'm trying to screw up (probably the right words) enough courage to chop my 54 Monarch, and seeing how you made out... will give me confidence!

BassTURDS...had ta do it on a working weekend....grrrrrrrr...I really wanted to be there....what a cool thing to watch...Tinmann Off the hill for one..Billy in on another great weekend...for another HOTRODDER..very cool...Damn..649...my only hope...LOL

ledzled---sure stop by---give me a call when you get to town--numbers are at the beginning of the thread

Hunter... I'm coming through Kamloops Thursday August 13th... sort of on my way to Goodguys in Spokane. Can I stop by to see how you made out? I'm trying to screw up (probably the right words) enough courage to chop my 54 Monarch, and seeing how you made out... will give me confidence!

Zled, make sure you have a good glassman , before you whack that Monarch. You don't want to screw up that glass. Just a word of advice.

Wayne and Mel(mels34) are coming down fron Quesnel on Friday to lend a hand,should be very interesting to chop a 4 door torpedo back.
Don't worry guys,we'll get tons of pictures.

Well best of luck to you feller's

I have up in the reading room a full on article from HOT rod DeLuxe that has a torpedo back being chopped. I flip thru the pile and try and find a link online to post.

Chuck

Sorry wrong magazine, The article is in Rod and Custom and is titled "1950 chevy gets a chopped top" you can see it online if you search the title. I'd post the link if I could figure out how to use my computer for more than simple searches.

Oh yeah, the chop they do is a 4 door torpedo back.

hope this helps as BC is a bit far for me from Ontario

I love rod and custom.... I have a subscription... its awesome. Good luck on the chop Hunter... gonna go with a chop that looks similar to the photochop I sent you when you pulled the body off?