1962 Mercury Unibody Pickup Project

The Big M, I know our build goals are different but put the truck up on the hoist for some pictures the other day. I did a RE flip, front and rear hangers are stock location (just integrated by welding them to the frame strengthening plates), springs are stock other than 1 added leaf (I estimated my 5th wheel weight to be about 700 to 750 lbs when loaded) and still had to cut the frame for clearance. It might be hard to see in the pictures but I welded in heavy wall (.250) 2 x 4 tubing along with the plates (boxed this section as well) before I cut out the lower stock frame. Hope this might help you with your build.
Bob

IMG_9780.JPG

Shock mounts, stock off frame and spaced out

IMG_9799.JPG

Stock rear spring mount

IMG_9788.JPG

Cool, thanks for posting those. I like that you were able to get a nice static drop while still retaining the ability to tow. Looks good!

What’s the sway bar from?

Thanks Big M, all stock components from the Mark V which was the disc brake RE donor. Just a little bracket weld and I think it fit quite well and I believe it does make a difference in handling. I think i am going to post a build thread for the truck to at least put out some other alternatives for these trucks. I know each truck and owner is unique in purpose but it may give some ideas?
Bob