Soft Tonneau cover

CDNflatlander

Supporting Member
Looking for advise from hands on experience regarding soft tonneau box covers.
There is one on our ‘55 Chev and I do like what it offers, however I am wondering if it can be better. When it rains, water will collect on the cover creating a couple issues. On this short bed truck there are two fibreglass spars to keep the cover from sinking to the box floor with collected water. I have looked for some time on-line to find the supplier/manufacturer or pictures of others to see if more spars were the initial plan. Likely this has been correctly installed and it is why there are not many of this style around anymore (lots of soft covered hard covers available).
Input?
Thanks in advance.
IMG_1616.jpeg
IMG_1617.jpeg
IMG_1640.jpeg

I had the same issue with my 1970 Ranchero. I had three pieces 1 1/2” x 3/4” aluminum channel the width of the box and it still pooled up. The worst thing is with so much weight it started pulling out the snaps in sheet metal. It was mainly a fair weather car so rarely it would happen. Other than unclipping it if it’s going to rain or raining not sure what you could do.

Greg, could you set some kind of strips on top of those existing spars going the other way? Might offer more support and more run off.