"Overdrives" thursday nite garage hugs

O/D's meet this Thursday Nov 13th.

Someone asked what kind of a group are we. We are not a club.

So I searched "gaggle" like geese. Apart from the goose reference,
One Wikipedia definition is to Military slang and it says "An unorganized
group doing nothing"

So a "gaggle of goofs" or "doing nothing"...take your pick

Photos Friday AM

Sounds a lot like politics and the legislature...

Russ

Tonight's tour has been cancelled due to a medical emergency with the host's wife in Vancouver.
We will be going to my place instead..........:)

Well, at 4pm yesterday the evening host for our bi weekly garage tour had to cancel due to some serious family medical issues. So......seeing as I live only five miles from the original tour site, my wife went there to redirect folks to our shop, emails and a few phone calls and we managed to divert the crew here for a boring look at my triumph project.
"HenryJ" (Earll) drove his Henry J here in minus 10 with no heater !!!What a guy...

Good to see the boys all gathered at your place Keith, that is a cool garage you have with some neat stuff hanging around, I still like the way you were able to watch the Bear a few years ago from your sun room, I think you guys are on a winner with keeping in touch and folks can make suggestions on how to do things perhaps.

Next tour to Glen Y's place on Thursday Nov 27...His user name on this site is "mopar yak"

Last edited:
Me Bad !! I couldn't make it to Glen's last night so unless someone else on here has photos we will miss this one.

This is a "shameless" plug for Canadian Rodder member "AchinGord" whose
foundry in Victoria is making our group's plaques. Artwork by Jim R. of PG.

For PG guys the first tour of the year is to "Rustytin"s place on Thursday night
January 8th.........photos afterwards, I promise:)

This is a "shameless" plug for Canadian Rodder member "AchinGord" whose
foundry in Victoria is making our group's plaques. Artwork by Jim R. of PG.

Wow, those plaques look great!! How is the initial one made to copy? Is he willing to do plaques for others?

Hooligan....our artist, Jim R, a car buddy who lives near me drew the design on
paper which we sent by email to Achingord's foundry. They sent the design out to a pattern maker and that is the result. We were kind of nervous as to the outcome, because how do they decide which is a low area and a high area ??

About 30 years ago, the other local group had a pattern carved out of hardwood and sent to at foundry....they still have the pattern.

Are you wondering if Jim would do you a design, or were you interested in the
pattern process.....?

Here is a link to Gord's foundry

http://www.achinbackfoundry.com/pic11.html

Keith, thanks so much for the reply! I'm actually looking for just the patterns done if I sent him a design? I have a "backyard" foundry I built to do castings but haven't "yet" tried doing a plaque. Once I saw yours I thought it would be worth checking out.

I'm planning on launching a small car club this spring of good friends who just like to build and tinker and have a design and name already penned out. Just need some plaques. I'll think I'll give him an email. Thanks again, much appreciated.

And it's a cool thing you guys are doing out there!!!

Dean

Dean, it cost us $150.00 plus taxes for the pattern process. After he got the pattern back, he spent some time with a dremel touching things up a bit.
The pattern is made of some resin material.

Tonight we went to Rustytin's place (Russ) and toured his shop and house garage. Photos of his under construction '40 Ford Pickup, his recently acquired '35 Ford Convertible Sedan, his summer driver 1938 Ford Tudor and a friend's Model A pickup. 50 guys showed up and it was noisy.....it was also Russ's Birthday. That's him holding court on the ladder.......

Cdn rodder member"youngadmirer" hosted last nights garage hug/tour.
Tyler is only 29 years old and he drags down the average age of our group into at least the low 60's........:):)

He is building a '47 Buick sedan on an S10 Chassis. I told him a V12 would have looked more appropriate under that long hood..........

Thursday weather in Prince George calls for high winds and 30cm of snow.:mad:
We are therefore cancelling the garage tour for that evening. Next one to
Stan's on Feb 19th.

Thanks for keeping us up to date there Keith, these tours of yours are very enlightening and always interesting to see what others have in their sheds.

Last night's tour was to Norm's place. An eclectic collection of neat cars and trucks. Norm and Darrel entertained as well......great turnout of guys and gals.