Is the high cost of fuel endangering our hobby

I don't think it will damage the hobby just put a dampener on it for a while until we all realize that without our cars we might as well drink ourselves stupid,and booze costs more than gas.
England now pays around $2.20 per litre and the average wage is only $12 ph.

:eek:Hey Fatchuckles .no wonder your knees are killing your :rolleyes:your praying for more wages and cheap gas.Go apply for your early pension and more than double your wages .Between you and me your boss is a cheapskate.:rolleyes:
Bob

yep,Rustbuckets right.
its really painful trying to run a v8 over here...thats why i don't.
Rubyengine.jpg

this will return about 40mpg and has run a low 15sec at the drags..with bonneville gearing:D
IMG_0209.jpg

this is my everydayer..4cyl turbo..200bhp..fantastic fun....everyday.
honestly..4cylinders isnt the end of the world;)
spock

Last edited:
34Bob said...
"Between you and me your boss is a cheapskate."

He is a real jerk...:( but what can I do? I can't leave him ...I'm waiting for him to croak so I will get the inheritance..but he may live longer than me...:mad:

well I don't drink ,don't smoke ,don't chase wimmin no more so to hell with it I'll keep cruzin

Around town my 59 F100 with the 223 3 spd gets more miles than the 96 Vortec 305 Chev truck. I can go a month vs 2 weeks for the same dollar. Here it is a one barrel Holley with 3 forward gears against an injected, oxygen sensor stuff, overdrive trans but the 59 goes longer on $60 than the Chev.
Maybe a 6 cyl vs an 8 is that much of a factor ?

...my grocery getter in the summer is my old manx dune bug...goes forever on a tank of gas.... might have to get one of them saskatchewan credit cards again tho hahahahahaha:D

overdrives are not always the answer my comet has one and runs on the flat at around an idle at 100 k's but as soon as you hit any kind of mole hill "and there are lots of them here you have to give it gas and watch the gage go down I find myself not even using it most of the time cause it can't be good for the engine lugging all the time!!

can,t put on any bigger tanks John cuz I would jist beat them up in the bush iffin they got any bigger around,at bone empty it will hold 1000 ltrs

hey bud i happen to have a 250 6 complete with 40,000 k on it hei ignition alt/motor mounts/hooked to my engine hoist for fast loading $1 per cubic inch!!!

Thanks for the offer but I have no way of getting it down here. I'll keep looking around the lower mainland.

-Dribs