Ford & Chevy Retro RV's

The bus..can’t ride in a trailer as it’s going down the road..can’t fit 10 people in the cab of the truck….yup..bus..

What I do like about the Ford or any other Trailer or fifth wheel is when you arrive at your destination you can plop the jacks down unhook and use the cab over as a get around vehicle. The bus would be a royal pain in the ass in shopping mall trying to park.

One more thing I would have kept and rebuilt the Jimmy engine it could have come with. Nothing like the racket and black smoke those things make.

here's a bit more detail on that big Ford and trailer combo:

This truck-based RV is nuts! Back in the early 1970s, motor homes like this ultra-rare Camelot Cruiser were considered extremely luxurious, and most of all supremely comfortable because of their size and layout. Only three of these opulent and luxurious vehicles were built. Its trailer features a luxury kitchen, a large living room, a bedroom with a double bed, a restroom, a sitting room, all fully decorated and furnished. There is even a basement garage containing two vintage snowmobiles.
The semi, a Ford C750, is powered by 5.8-liter gasoline engine, and equipped with a sleeper on the back of the cab. Yeah, this is the place where chauffeur is supposed to have his break time.

click to enlarge

Attachments

• No photo description available..jpeg
    No photo description available..jpeg
    141.5 KB · Views: 34
Several years back, I was looking @ a magazine in the store, stumbled across this concept drawing of a '70's Winnebago turned into a Ramp Truck, and I gotta say, I don't hate it!!

4oQvnD8.jpg

The small Brave with the cool aluminum work on the front is a fav of mine.

Now this is taking the sleeper cab to the nth degree
click to enlarge

Attachments

• May be an image of road.jpeg
    May be an image of road.jpeg
    67.1 KB · Views: 36
click to enalrge

Back then $168,000USD sleeper unit,.
Has a toilet, running hot and cold water, tv's, microwave, and lots of room to roam

Attachments

• May be an image of 5 people.jpeg
    May be an image of 5 people.jpeg
    163.8 KB · Views: 27