Elvis Rocks the Canyon

Fargo Dad

Did anyone see inside this place? When I stopped I spent the time wiping tranny fluid off and loaning tools. Then it was time to go and I realized why we had actually stopped here, but it was too late.
Jonathan
CIMG1232.jpg

Is that not Kanaka Bar tunnel. Used to be just a coffee / sandwich stop, looks like someone has made a tourist stop out of it.

Yeah you're right, Kanaka Bar is a longer tunnel and I can see the opening at the other end of that one.
I haven't driven the Canyon in a couple decades.
Three hours longer between Vanc. & Kamloops going that route than the Coquihalla but well worth the drive for the scenery, if you've never being that way.

Elvis Cafe

If I'm not mistaken, I believe that diner was shut down for several years when traffic diminished,with the opening of the Coquihalla Hwy in the mid eighties.Always drove the Canyon ,slower but just so much more interesting.
Dan

We had lunch there. Great food and i didn't realise that Kevin was our waiter that day. There was more Elvis stuff in there than anyone would imagine, we sure had the staff busy that day.

I rumbled by that in my van, man I wished I had stopped! I ate at the husky truck stop before Hope with all the cool old truckin pictures, but it has new owners and it was DISGUSTING....another one bites the dust.

The canyon is way better, especially now that the coq is free. But I don't keep track of time when I travel.