CR Relay

Rochie

Hey Guys,
I had the distinct privilage to drive into Buffalo NY yesterday to have lunch with a few n'er do wells by the names of Burns, Pringle, Donnie from Buffalo and Bill Papich.
Mr. Pringle asked me if I would try to set up a relay from him in Candler NC to Jack Mather (Jaxs40) in Victoria.
I saw that Boydwho would be in town the first part of October and wondered if he would help get the axle to Jack, by taking it back with him to Neepawa from there anybody heading west would possibly continue the journey for the axle.
Al if your coming up the 401 you go by my place we could meet up and if you wanted come on down to the E.L.T.A. shop for a tour

What do you say guys, can we get this to Jack?

What kind of axle are you talking about, and how complete is it? I may have a bit of room in the truck and will help out if I possibly can.

Clarke here.... its a 37 ford front tube axle, stripped, no spindles or anything else. Its in pretty fair shape, and Jack bought it from a fella I know in North Carolina, for his in-progress T project. Any help would be very appreciated by all concerned.... especially Jack!!
Clarke

OK, I should be able to fit that in the truck. Hopefully it's fairly clean as we'll have Karen's wheelchair in the box with it.

If everything goes as planned we'll be through the London area early afternoon, Friday Oct 5th.

Wayne...can I reach you during the daytime at the number in the Rodside assistance list, or is there another number to call?

To Explain

I should jump in here and explain what's up here. For the past year and a half or so I have been collecting bits and pieces for a Track T project that has been rattling around in the back of my mind since before I had th 40 on the road (2006). So far the collection includes the remnants of a 26T RPU that I got from a friend in Burnaby; A set of Kelsey Canada wire wheels (5 X 16 front and 9 X 15 rear) from the same source; An 8RT flathead that I got from my grandson (Youngblood on here) and had rebuilt here in Victoria by JB Machine and friend Gus McTavish; A T5 transmission from a member here in Surrey, who's nickname I forget; A gift 48 Merc rear end from a member here who lives in Quesnel; A track nose and Grille piece from Speedway Motors and various bits and pieces from the swap meet and local friends.

When I was visiting the eminent Mr Pringle in North Carolina last November we visited the shop and warehouse full of memories belonging to one John Bell. As I stepped into this emporium, I tripped over a complete Ford front end - with an original tube axle in it . My memory tells me that these came in cars with V8 60 engines but I have also read that they came in panel trucks of that vintage. Anyway I decided that if John wants to part with this I should have it. At that time he didn't (want to) so I didn't (have it). Subsequently John was in a position of downsizing and through Clarke the necessary financial arrangements were made and I now own it. The easy way of getting it here would have been to contact Fed Ex and let them handle the transprtation. However between Clarke and I we came up with the idea of a distance record setting CR Rodders Relay just for comrodderry of it all.

Now to the present - OlRodder has contributed 685 miles, Rochie has contributed 147 miles and if BoydWho is able to help out he will contribute 1268 miles. Things are working out just as we planned.

I appreciate all the participation of members here so far and look forward to seeing more names on the list for me to thank.

Rod On Everyone.

i had a relay from here as well,, from ontario right to ns.. without the rodder relay,, fedex or ups would of cost alot to send the complete ford toploader.. thanx again Al..

good luck.

Yessir...a week tomorrow! :D
We're leaving Monday morning and plan to stop in Thunder Bay for the night. Tuesday should find us in Mackinac City MI, then we're off to see Denise (hotrodladycruzr) in Livonia where we'll spend Wednesday and Thursday nights, then it's back into Ontario for 3 or 4 nights. From there we're heading into NY via Niagara Falls with final destination being the Maritimes. Gonna be quite the trip, and by the time we get home that axle will have far more than the 1268 miles from our part on it. LOL

Now, if it makes it to Kamloops the week after Thanksgiving,I will be up that wat and can get it to the coast.I'm listed in rodside assistance,and if need be I will give out my cell number.

I doubt it would get there that fast, Dale. I won't be back in Manitoba until Nov 4th and who knows when someone heading west will pass through our area.

It's this kind of stuff that restores my faith in the human element, the hot rodder in particular.
Clarke

En Route

Here is a photo of the subject axle en route somewhere in Southern Ontario or perhaps northern New York. N2Roddin in the rear - Rochie front.

IMG_1938.jpg

That was definately western New York.... Orchard Park to be exact. We all had lunch after this pic was taken, but thats a whole 'nuther story.
Clarke

Rochie...I'll give you a shout when we hit London tomorrow. I expect we'll be there sometime before lunch, but I can't guarantee it.

Boyd,
do you have time to visit the ELTA shop??? We'd love for you to see it and spread the word

Boyd,
do you have time to visit the ELTA shop??? We'd love for you to see it and spread the word

Excellent suggestion brother Wayne.......the "World Famous E.L.T.A. Shop" awaits your visit Boyd.......we'll have you sign our very special sign in board.;)