50 ford

Chad

50 Ford Project

I just found these pics...This was a car I did for a fella about 4 years ago...It was his first car ever....He has owned it since the early 60's...It sat out in his field since the mid 60's...He could never bring himself to get rid of it.....When we hooked onto it with the tractor and pulled it out of the field it broke in 2 half's LOL...One half came on one trailer the other half came on another trailer...So I jigged it all up on my chassis jig made a fixture for the body and started putting it back together...I chopped it 5'' ,sectioned it 2'' and turned it into a hardtop while I was their LOL..smooth firewall,custom floors etc....I think you get the picture ;).....these pics are from when it came off the jig and the doors actually worked and the body was one piece again

GetAttachmentCAX2XYO2.jpg

GetAttachmentCAPZBFTL.jpg

GetAttachmentCAI116YT.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, Chad, awesome car.

Do you have any finished photos of it??

I just did all the metal work...the fella has taken it home and sadly has never done anything else to it....Its a good thing I sprayed some DP primer on it or it would be junk....

Fine looking work you do.
To bad the owner hasn't moved much further then the pics.

Oh wow but duz the Tudoor ever look fantastick in the hardtop mode. Even better than the fifty-one hardtop from the factory. Not be able to sleep now. Must have been some job with it broke in two. Fixing rust and then doing a custom job after makes for a large undertakein.....
Hugh............PTP......................

So its just sitting in some fellas garage unfinished to this day????

Looks like you did some super clean work on her...

Sad! :rolleyes:

When it was broke in 2, I squared the cowl/firewall up,hung the doors and then rolled the back half up to the front...then I squared the rear up to the cowl and set all the door gaps.Rewelded the front pillars..I then tacked the doors shut,fabbed new inner rocker and floor braces.As for the section job I just cut the bottom off the car and moved everything up 2'', I had to re-skin the lower doors anyway so it just made sence to move it all up 2'' ....The car is just in a old steel pole barn...I would love to own that car just to see it finished

Speaking of first cars....Here's the first car I ever owned I bought it for $300 and did all the body work when I was 12/13...I hand made the rear lower half of the quarter and re-radiused the rear quarters...I wanted to run 15'' tires on the front ,well I found out the tires wouldn't clear the fender lips when I turned the wheels ,So I fixed that problem.... I cut the whole lip out and moved it up to clear the tires.....I see I took the last pic when the fender wasn't bolted on tight LOL...I have been watching my Dad do this stuff since I was very small......At least I know where I got the bug from:rolleyes:

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good. Nice shade of yellow.....Some shade's of yellow are just to aggresive or just not appitizin...Black and yellow was with a lot of 55 56 Ford's and was nicknamed the bumblebee colour's.....
Hugh............................PTP

That was an amazing job on that Ford, yousure know whatit's about.

My Galaxie is Springtime Yellow which is a 66.

There sure are some very good metal men on here when you look at the work B-Bob, Tinmann and yourself and others here perform.

Keep up the good work there. John

Chad, you do amazing metalwork. Sounds like the owner of the 50 is more of a dreamer than doer - he is lucky you stepped in and saved the car. Any chance you could nudge him to either get going on it, or sell it to someone who will do it. Maybe a project for you to finish. Its too good to just sit around.

Chad, you do amazing metalwork. Sounds like the owner of the 50 is more of a dreamer than doer - he is lucky you stepped in and saved the car. Any chance you could nudge him to either get going on it, or sell it to someone who will do it. Maybe a project for you to finish. Its too good to just sit around.

I have tried to buy it for the last 3 years.....I have tried to get him to finish it also.....He just says "I am in no hurry" I built a front frame stub with a custom MII front suspension that I designed and that is just sitting inside the car.....He has everything for the car,so its not like he has to spend a whole lot more $$$$...

Unfortunately, the ford will likely be another one of those cars that will just sit there. Hopefully, with all your hard work Chad the shoebox will be preserved enough for the next generation to take it further down the road.

Great work:)

Todd

Unfortunately, the ford will likely be another one of those cars that will just sit there. Hopefully, with all your hard work Chad the shoebox will be preserved enough for the next generation to take it further down the road.

Great work:)

Todd

Thanks for the compliments guys....The ford should be alright for quite a while I sealed it up pretty good.......

Nice work Chad. You've had some cool projects. I wish that 57 Wagon had stuck around long enough for you to finish.

Nice work Chad. You've had some cool projects. I wish that 57 Wagon had stuck around long enough for you to finish.

Thanks I wish the wagon was still around too...The last time I seen it,,,it was about 12'' high...The beam fell on it when the shop burned down....