52 Ford Frame Question

Curtis

I Have a 1952 ford 1/2 ton and I was wondering if anybody know's if a newer frame will fit under it, or am I better off buying a front clip!!!!!

Any Advice is apreciated!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
S-10's fit under the Chevy trucks, so I believe a Ranger or Explorer fits under a Ford? check out Erki's thread a few down from here.

Last edited:
The dodge dakota is supposed to be a much better fit. There is a guy on another board doing one right now. Pm unsafe6 he was a member on here.

A good friend of mine used an S-10 frame under his 52 and it fit like a glove. He swears by them. Most chevy wheels fit that bolt pattern, and it had a decent strong differential.

Russ

I'm doing a 91 explorer frame under my 47 ford. It appears to fit for as far as I've gotten anyway.

Can see the frame there.
IMG_0510.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

Last edited:
All the above will work using the originall frame would be the most expencive if you want modern suspension "mustang ll" and a rear end of modern making!!

the most common one used is the s 10 because it's the most versitall lengthening and shortening is straight forward and parts are cheeper and more redilly available for them!!

if you want to run chevie but they all will work!!