S#@t Happens!!!

WOW!! sorry to here about your misfortune Oldman. Personally I would have been charged with murder if that had happened to me. You Sudbury guys can build anything so I hope you can put it back together again.

Man that sucks!
Gil

Okay, so if youhad just finished that car and had not yet insured it but still had it parked in the driveway ready to do all the insurance and other stuff then whos insurance would be paying out then. It would be the other drivers insurance wouldn't it, this is what I am getting at when I say claim on his insurance.

No matter what I do feel sorry for the guy who owns the car, that would really make you feel sick to the gut.

Truly sucks

Mike, if there is a possibility the Stude gets rebuilt, let me know. I'm sure the garage tour fellow may have a bunch of contacts for parts or has parts himself.

Brian

WOW!! sorry to here about your misfortune Oldman. Personally I would have been charged with murder if that had happened to me. You Sudbury guys can build anything so I hope you can put it back together again.

Man that sucks!
Gil

Gil,
That wasn't my car, it was Terry Witrak's. Sucks all the more.
Mike

Brian & Bullet,
I don't know what Terry is going to do, or even if he will buy the salvage. The frame is badly damaged, badly enough to have relocated the engine in the engine bay. Brian, I will be at Waterdown and will talk to you there.

Mike

Okay, so if youhad just finished that car and had not yet insured it but still had it parked in the driveway ready to do all the insurance and other stuff then whos insurance would be paying out then. It would be the other drivers insurance wouldn't it, this is what I am getting at when I say claim on his insurance.

No matter what I do feel sorry for the guy who owns the car, that would really make you feel sick to the gut.

John,

The car was fully insured with a current appraisal. In Ontario, we have "No Fault" insurance, so Terry's insurance pays the claim and then they recover from the guity party's insurance...................I think?????

Mike

Brian & Bullet,
I don't know what Terry is going to do, or even if he will buy the salvage. The frame is badly damaged, badly enough to have relocated the engine in the engine bay. Brian, I will be at Waterdown and will talk to you there.

Mike

Oh crap, that much movement all the way to the engine bay, and the frame damaged as well, that sucks.

I have a '50 frame with Mustang II cross member, but I don't think it's the same as a '53.

No John, in a no fault State like Michigan I am SOL. I am suppose to insure my car, and the other driver insures their car. No fault means just that, no matter who is at fault in the accident since it's a "No fault" state each partys insurance pays for their own damages. If you have a car with just PL/PD like I do on my daily driver, and someone smashes into me, I get nothing except my medical bills paid and any property damage my car might have caused in the accident.

I do have the right to hire a lawyer and sue the other party.

thats horrible, hope the owner gets something sorted soon as!

if that happened to a pride and joy of mine, it would bring me to tears.

It looks eminently repairable.

Gil,
That wasn't my car, it was Terry Witrak's. Sucks all the more.
Mike

This thread was crossposted to the Studebaker Drivers Club Forum. I saw it and registered here.

Parts for these cars are simply not all that hard to find. Please tell Terry not to let the insurance company snow him in that regard. I have the remains of a '53 coupe sitting here in Alberta that would have most of what he needs to make his car whole again. (frame, body from cowl back, less doors, but including rear quarters) I also have a couple of parts Hawks that could give up a frame, and Hawk frames are a little stronger than '54s and a lot stronger than '53 frames. If any of the parts I have will help Terry out, he can have them very cheap. I'm into Studebakers as a hobby, and I'm not a parts vendor. One of my ongoing projects is a '58 Hawk coupe body to be done up as a '53 Commander coupe with a built 259 V8. A lot done on it, and a lot yet to do.

I hope I can help your buddy out.

Welcome Gordr Studie enthusiast,
How about laying down some licks in the Intro forum and tell us a little about yourself, where you from, etc.
This is a great forum, with a lot of good people willing to help if asked.
As you can see by my Avatar I'm also into the Studes.
Have at 'er, enjoy yourself.