Just got back from Sema

Thanks for the inspiration!

A PT Cruizer...where? Did I misss a pix or????

Well thanks a lot. I had planned to keep the tarp on the old Dodge until next year, but now you've got me thinking in a totally new way.

Okay winter, bring it on... I'm ready!:D

40dodg1.jpg

Thanks Juice for the clicks!
That does look very cool Lono....and what would the Hwy legal dept have to pick on then?? :D:D
Greg

Well thanks a lot. I had planned to keep the tarp on the old Dodge until next year, but now you've got me thinking in a totally new way.

Okay winter, bring it on... I'm ready!:D

40dodg1.jpg

I like it....when do you start?
do you have a couple of doors from a 2-door or would you use the existing doors and extend them slightly?

That is a '37 ford phantom woodie. Or its one hellof a disguised PT Cruizer.

Yup, I concure, '37 Ford.

Wickedly sick bunch of pics ya shot. Thanks a ton for that. Really made my lower extremities quiver.

Last edited:
I like it....when do you start?
do you have a couple of doors from a 2-door or would you use the existing doors and extend them slightly?

Well, I had put it back up for sale because business has tanked but now having seen that PT or ford pic, I feel more motivated to get at it in dribs and drabs. I guess I'll focus on the "Do for Free" stuff and once the econocrisis is over and done I'll get into the big coin stuff.

I know everyone would hiss and spit and Davey Joe would kick my ash but I have a sick little fetish for the small doors rather than full size ones. The long side window would really separate if from a sedan too.

I had been thinking of doing a decodelivery but I think a woody look would really relieve all the sheet metal.:rolleyes:

I would have liked to post all the pictures but it would take a year and half. If you ever get the chance to go, DO IT !!! it's amazing. Next year I will have an extra pass ( allowed 2 per company ). Next big show for me is Barrett Jackson Scotsdale in January and then the Rockabilly show in Vegas in April and I'm definately making it for Bonniville speed week this next summer and back to Sema to close the year off.

Page 2 picture 4 has to be the wildest Rolls Royce I have ever seen and to look under it was as good as looking on top, you could eat off it. The interior was amazing, motor was just enormous for such a small car and fat ass boots tucked under the rear. Couldn't beleive how many Rolls Royce Phantoms there were this year and all rollin on 24's or larger.

There was another wild BC vehicle down there, I beleive it was a 66 Mustang fastback. Anyone reconize this car ??
IMG_0108.jpg

I had to take a picture that JF's wagon after reading all the articles about it and even more about it in the new Canadian rodder magazine this month. By the way they have almost any new car magazines all for free upstairs at the show, grabbed over $200 worth the new reading material. My carry on weighted more then my suitecase.lol

Yep,that mustang is a B.C. car!Actually,Delta.Built by Hot Rods Restos,the car was finished in a two car garage just down the street from me.It's a killer car pushing over 1100hp from a small block ford.The car is known as Rosie and has been extensively modified.It was kinda cool watching it come together,but it's not my cup of tea.Here's a shot of the motor I took at the Ocean Park Ford Show back in September
P9130047.jpg

Chip and I got a hands on with JF's wagon at Spokane at the GG's last summer. I was mind blowing. The detail and ingenuity is incredible. He had the build book on the end gate, which we looked through for quite some time.

Kinda figured there would be someone from here that would know the Mustang, absolutely amazing to hear that it was built in a two car garage though. i'm guessing it was never built with a hood. lol

Nope,no hood,ain't never seen one for it!You really have too look the car over to see the amount of work that's gone into it.The complete car wasn't built in a two car garage,but the finally blocking of the body,the mock ups and the final assembly were done in the said garage and driveway.Here's a link to the builder's site;http://www.kerrst.com/hotrods/stang.htm

Last edited:
Thanks for the pix......I was also at SEMA......It really wasn't for me.....I'm so focused on traditional hot rods and customs, that there really wasn't much for me to look at.......But if you want to buy a set of 32" wheels to turn your Hummer into a chuck wagon full of speakers and TV sets, this is the place to go......:D.....I got more pleasure out of spending an hour at So-Cal Speed shop than I did spending 2 days at SEMA.....This being said, some of my friends had a great time there......We also went to see Top Fuel Drag racing the weekend before.....WOW !....If the cars didn't run under 4 seconds, they didn't qualify !......I can't even talk about Halloween !.....:eek:.....8 days in Vegas.....What a BLAST !....I'm still recovering........

There was a 42" wheel on display in the wheels and tires hall. Have no clue as to who the heck makes a tires for that one but yepp there is a 42" wheel out there.
I lucked out by stopping in at So Cal Speedshop and checking out the rod show, have to agree the eye candy was much better there when it came to the old style rods, to me that wasn't a pissing contest to see who spent more and add more TV's to the interior. It was more like who could make the best use out of old junk they had kickin around and add it to there ride, kinda like the granade shifter knob cause ya know everyone has one of those just kickin around LMAO.