4/29/day

rmk57

Can’t forget about this big brute!

ndDRNAC.jpg

click to enlarge

Attachments

• May be an image of 4 people and text that says '429 coming down the line'.jpeg
    May be an image of 4 people and text that says '429 coming down the line'.jpeg
    92.2 KB · Views: 26
I don’t know how you guys can work on your cars for so long and then just sell them…like selling your left nut…just saying..

Although it’s a bit archaic Ford was on the right path with shaft rockers and a semi-hemi cylinder head. It’s still today used but more modernized of coarse.

GIjctZy.jpg

I don’t know how you guys can work on your cars for so long and then just sell them…like selling your left nut…just saying..
I hear you Johnny. I thinking of doing the same thing with my Meteor that I did after 13 yrs with my '35 Cab. I guess after a while you get tired of seeing the same old thing in the garage/shop & just want to move on. Plus I always come across a build that just floors me & want to have one similar. Then I realize I'm way too old to start a build & fret & fret. I guess it's in the blood as I've been in this stuff since I was 14 yrs.old.

In 1963 I built the Bantam and still race it.
warren Grimm.jpg

In 1987 I got the Cutlass and totally reimagined it over the next few years.

DSC01015.JPG

In 2004 I started to build Dog Spit and finished it in 2013, and then several years later made it hot rod friendly. Still drive it.

JJ2.jpg

In 2017 I sold the Cutlass to acquire a more suitable tow car for my nostalgic altered Bantam. Use it all the time.

DSC05007.JPG

In 2021 while on a trip to Edmonton I acquired my RPU and built a banger. My favorite driver.

20230630_134522_resized.jpg

It broke my heart to sell the Cutlass, but I really thought the Studebaker had more purpose. I don't believe in selling something I have built.

Warren