flathead engine stand

Topsterguy

Anyone know of anyone up here that makes an engine stand for flatheads that mounts to the sides ( header mounts) to balance the weight? Would prefer one with casters as well.

flat003_zps765fdbd8.jpg

Here it is.

Just copied the link address from photobucket into here, Click on the little yellow postcard looking icon above the reply area.

Flathead Stand

Larry I have a borrowed one which I am using right now but it is a simple design and should be pretty easy to recreate. If you are interested come and have a look.

Jack

jax40attelusdotnet

Looks GREAT, Jack! That's what I'm after. RATRIG, I have the adapter for the regular stand but I don't like having it hanging there "unbalanced" for any length of time, we don't know if there's any affect on the motor, I'd like it sitting balanced on a cradle like Jack has.

That certainly makes sense. But that 60+ year old cast iron has probably done just about all the moving it is likely to do. I think either one would be fine. I must admit, I do like the look of that side mount...really quite cool.

This is the one I got from Flatcat with my flathead. Bolts to the exhaust ports and very easy to move around
IMG_1887.jpg