Rad/heater core rebuild recommendation

That Guy

I am looking for recommendations for someone reliable who rebuilds heater cores and radiators. GTA and Southern Ontario preferred.

Every one I have contacted who says they "service" these components actually means they just re and re. If only it was that simple.

There might be a few places left in the Niagara area…I can check when I get home in a few weeks..is Niagara too far for you to travel?.

I used kenirys rad repair on my first rad for the Buick. He doesn’t do r& r..just repairs..if he is still in business.. here is his number..905-680- 5331.

I used kenirys rad repair on my first rad for the Buick. He doesn’t do r& r..just repairs..if he is still in business.. here is his number..905-680- 5331.
Thank you sir!

I'll give them a call.

One thing I have learned from owning old and weird cars is: when you find parts, or someone who is willing to work on it, nowhere is too far to travel.

I ended up taking the radiator and the heater core to Royal Radiator in Vaughan. The rad, although looking really rough, tested fine. I was surprised by that. The heater core leaked (as I knew it would).

Testing for both: $150
Heater core rebuild: $350

Much better than the $770USD + shipping for a rebuilt heater core, and then the PITA of having to send a core back to them for a $200 refund.