Hats off to old iron....

Bob

the old girl fired up! I kept it outside these past 5 months with a car cover and tarp. decided to move it into the shop yesterday.... imagine my surprise when I opened the door and the interior light came on. I'd swear on a stack of hot rod magazines that I had unhooked the battery...

oh well..... started pumping and cranking..... and for while I thought she wouldn't go.... then it fired right up.....

hats off to old iron!!!

stude08.jpg

You must live well and think clean thoughts. I'm never that lucky. Good to see you over at the new site, Bob.

Bob - nice Stude. A 50 Stude was my first car. Sure would be great to see some pics of your car!

IMG_4032.jpg

IMG_4033.jpg

Bob left it unprotected outside while him fill his face with breaky....It was lonesome

Last edited:
Nice Starlite.

I wish I would have kept my dash in the original configuration. Instead I filled it and mounted VDO gauges.

Dash1.JPG

leather2.jpg

DashGauges4.jpg

I sold the stock gauges and chrome bezel & bars, what a stupid idiot, I could really kick my arse now.

I will look for another one day. I'll have to widen it the same as the one I have, but keep the original gauge bezel and chrome bars, just upgrade the gauges with my VDO ones.

Last edited:
Bob, you did what:rolleyes:, you just left it outside in the cold dark nights on its own, someone take this man outside and bend him over with wippin stick.

Cheers, John

Did you know the stock Stude gauges were Stewart Warners? They're collectables now. Just like regular SW's but no name on them. The SW mark is on the back though.