Starting a new Henry J project

...Your project is looking good. Nice to see you not only hung onto the car but now you are building it. I still own the 47 Mercury I drove in 1967 when I was 16. But its a ways down the list for a rebuild.
Keep us updated here....
Stan. ...........

loving the henry, love the style, will be one sweet quick rod. great workmanship, nice detail. :D :D cheers jonny

353.jpg
[/IMG]lets see I am thinking of using this Pontiac Super Duty Hood scoop ER i mean this F850 hood scoop. I will look at it in the spring just to make sure
351.jpg
[/IMG]

I wonder if Henry J took design inspiration from the '47 to '51 Studie front fenders and hood, '50 / '51 nose.
And I'm also wondering if the front sheet metal of a Studie and Henry J are interchangeable.

HenryJ.jpg
318.jpg

Last edited:
Glad you are still working on the HJ Earl. I guess someone with access to both cars will let us know. I thought of using different headlight/ fender parts for my HJ.

Glad you are still working on the HJ Earl. I guess someone with access to both cars will let us know. I thought of using different headlight/ fender parts for my HJ.

Well I have seen fenders on custom '50 / '51 Studes that just had the single round headlight pods and not the oval/tear drop shape of the Studie headlight bezels and often wondered if they were Henry J fenders.

Good Stuff Earl !!!

And now you are off to Cuba to find more parts, right??:)

Congrats Buddy ! Ready for a road trip??? I got my spine surgery done and healing well sooooo I'm gettin itchy for a gasser road trip to Ashcroft:D:D

Man you have done some work on that, great little car and good to see another one saved the right way .... with a V8. Good for you I am sure you will get some happy miles out of that.

ran the HJ at mission Old time drags Managed to get it down to 13.24 @ 103 mph That is running a 2.80 rear end gear and no posi
P1040541_zps6e2fe31a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]