S#@t Happens!!!

Oldman

How would you feel, if after taking your fresh car to the alignment shop for it's first ride, park the car in your driveway and have this happen??????????

DSCF1574.jpg

DSCF1575.jpg

DSCF1573.jpg

DSCF1576.jpg

It seems this fella was coming down Bellview Ave ( a winding street) in Sudbury, when he failed to negotiate a slight right curve in the street and jumped the curb, hitting the Studie in the pass. rear quarter, pushing it into the '71 Chevy pick-up, totalling both vehicles as well as the Crown Vic he and his wife were in. Nobody hurt and the driver was finally charged with "Careless operation of a motor vehicle" The ride to the alignment shop was Terry's first and only ride:mad::mad:.

You just never know!!!!

Mike

Last edited:
:eek:How would I feel??? devestated......sick to my stomach......have a fit of rage..........get into the kill mode........and so much more.................

I feel sorry for the guy it happened to,......... just don't give up on the hobby.

:eek:How would I feel??? devestated......sick to my stomach......have a fit of rage..........get into the kill mode........and so much more.................

I feel sorry for the guy it happened to,......... just don't give up on the hobby.

Sums it up pretty much right here. I can't begin to imagine the heartache.

Both sides destroyed!. He's going to need a new rear clip. Man, i would be so pi$$ed!
I hope he can find the parts to fix it.

Man that is sick, right at the begining of cruising season. Good thing no one was injured, that is one saving grace.

He should be claiming against is the other guys insurance that hit him and not his Own. Then tell them (the Insurance company) he wants it fixed because they will want to write it off because it will be cheaper for them most likely. Since when did Insurance companies become car dealers, tell your mate to tell the insurance company he wants it fixed even if it is a new rear clip etc. That is why the other guy has insurance. Too often you will see where a guy has an insurance company say they will write his car off when it is their client that is in the wrong, sorry it is not up to them it is at the discretion of the owner who has been hit. The insurance company has no say in it.

I have a friend out here who had a similar thing and when he told the insurance he wanted the car fixed they started mucking him around, one letter from a solicitor and the insurance realised he wasn't mucking around. Your mate is not in the wrong here the other guy is so there is no argument, unless the other guys insurance wants to pay out what your mate wants which will include build time etc etc.

Also your mate could tell them who he wants to repair the car, even if he wants it shipped to someone like Bash and Scratch the other guys insurance must pay. Believe me if he wants to keep the car and the other party must repair it and not involve his own insurance because they are all in cahoots with each other. So by claiming on the other parties insurance he will be doing the right thing. Now they might want to put a value on it by their valuer......sorry but their valuer does not know how much time was spent on that vehicle to get the car to that stage. Go for it and I'm telling you he will win. If he is with the same insurance company he will be claiming against the other guys policy and not his.

If it was my car and I wanted it back on the road they would be fixing it and there would be no arguments well they would want to argue the toss but hey their client hit him he did not hit their client that is why they have so much and usually over a million dollars liability which is what this comes under.

Last edited:
..brutal to lose ure ride! ... insurance companies are a devious sort most times ... it sure helps to have an appraisal done prior to any accidents or claims but its still a good idea to give em a go either way ... hope it all turns out ok for the owner!

OUCH!!
I think there may have been a little more going on than "failing to negotiate" the corner
That hurts to look at!
T

My heart goes out to the guy.:(

He should be claiming against is the other guys insurance that hit him and not his Own.
Here in the States if you have speciality insurance like Grundy or Hagerty, they are responsible for fixing your car, or paying out in case of a total, and then they go after the at fault party's insurance. The term is called subrogation.

The state of Michigan is this way also with daily driver insurance. Helps to keep the court cases down. You are responsible for your own insurance and your insurance company fixes your car.

Also your mate could tell them who he wants to repair the car, even if he and usually over a million dollars liability which is what this comes under.

Actually it falls under collison. Liability is for for people and property damage. PL & PD is what it is commonly referred to and the minimum amount of insurance a person must carry here in Michigan........Personal Liability and Property Damage.

Man, there is no words for the pain he must be feeling. Hope he gets it repaired and back on the road.

Carl

Because of Ontario law you will be dealing with your own insurance company not the other driver's. If the insurance company wants to write off your car, make sure they do NOT apply either a "Salvage" or "Irrepairable" brand to the permit (aka -"ownership"). You want to see "Brand-None" in the upper left corner of the left half (vehicle portion) of your permit. The branding program does not apply to vehicles with a model year of 1980 or older (see link to regulation below-section 8), but some companies don't follow the rules or they may not be familiar with Ontario's branding procedures. Don't wait for them to bring it up - YOU raise this issue with them right away. If there are any problems on this point, PM me and I can connect you with someone who can guide the insurance company through it if they need help. Good luck, and what a shame!!

http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/regs/english/elaws_regs_020376_e.htm

Mike,
That just made me sick to my stomache when I saw that.
The '54 and you did not deserve that gut wrenching catastrophy.