1956 Dodge C-3

kevedo

I've had this truck since 2006. I drove it once in original condition and then started to change my mind a zillion times about what it could be. My mind is finally made up! I'm going to install a Diplomat front clip 318/904. Here is a picture of my roomy garage:
DSCF2287.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

lokks like a nice solid truck, maybe time for a little housekeeping to get a little floor space first. :D

Nice truck to start with. I've always had a soft spot for old Dodge and Fargo trucks. For what it's worth I put a Volare/Diplomat clip in my F100 years ago and it's been fine. My only advice is to use a large diameter steering wheel as the power steering is very light. My first steering wheel was a small one from a late model F150 and the truck was very twitchy. I replaced it with a larger wheel from a 56 Monarch and the truck now drives great. Good luck with your project.

For what it's worth I put a Volare/Diplomat clip in my F100 years ago and it's been fine.QUOTE]

I'm going to have to get creative with my frame. Unlike the rectangle frames on 50's Fords and Chevys, the Mopar frames are both hourglassed and humped over the front axle - Perhaps to get a tighter turning radius?? We shall cross that bridge...

What a cool looking truck, good for you, out here we are not permited to clip cars or light truck, th ecrazy thing is we used to do larger trucks and it is still quite legal, you figure that one out.

Very cool Kevin. I especially like the heart Sarah put on the windshield. ;) Or, did you :confused:

When I did my F100 I had a set of patterns, still have them, that showed me where to notch the F100 frame so that the Volare clip would fit up in the frame to give the truck a rake. Worked really well. Had a friend who is a welder by trade box the front rails and weld the clip in and it's worked great for 23 years.

Progress! The dippy is apart and I'm ready to weld in the subframe (today)!
DSCF2338.jpg

Last edited:
DSCF2647.jpg

The engine mounts were made for a previous idea of installing a Jeep port fuel injected HO 4.0L
DSCF2648.jpg
DSCF2649.jpg

This made-in-Detroit truck has a posted gvw of 5200lbs...with this cheesy, flexy, weaka$$ steering setup. I realize that Dodge, Toyota and several other solid-front-axle applications have used a similar incarnation of this for that last 50 years, but this particular example is pretty weaksauce. FOR SALE! comes with the disc brakes, not with the wheels.
DSCF2652.jpg
DSCF2653.jpg
DSCF2654.jpg

Last edited:
This made-in-Detroit truck has a posted gvw of 5200lbs...with this cheesy, flexy, weaka$$ steering setup. I realize that Dodge, Toyota and several other solid-front-axle applications have used a similar incarnation of this for that last 50 years, but this particular example is pretty weaksauce. FOR SALE! comes with the disc brakes, not with the wheels.

Nice sales pitch Kev. :D