Tatra car pics

Ontario55

Mr. Fred Jonckheere of Langton allowed me the opportunity to take some pictures and learn about his 3 Czechoslovakian Tatra cars and the company that produced them
Founded in 1850 in the Czech Republic as Schustala and Company, the company later became Nesselsdorfer Wagenbau-Fabriksgesellschaft.
In 1918, the company became Koprivnicka-Vozozka and in 1919 the company started using the Tatra insignia
In 1897, it produced the first motor car in central Europe
Today, Tatra is the third oldest car maker in the world.
As interesting as the company history is, the fact that Fred Jonckheere can recite stats and statisctics with remarkable accuracy is amazing
These cars have been stored inside for the past 30 years awaiting the time when they will be restored.

We start with a 1940 Tatra Model T87 for export production
Note the 3pc windshield with 3 headlights
The V8 air cooled motor is placed in the back similiar to VW's
TaTra002.jpg

TaTra004.jpg

TaTra005.jpg

TaTra006.jpg

TaTra007.jpg

TaTra008.jpg

TaTra009.jpg

TaTra010.jpg

TaTra011.jpg

This is a 1939 Tatra Model T87 from domestic production, most likely for the Czechoslovakian Military
Motor is a V8 , single overhead cam and the block is made from Magnesium.
TaTra001.jpg

TaTra012.jpg

TaTra013.jpg

TaTra015.jpg

TaTra018.jpg

Note the location where they kept 2 spare spark plugs in case they were needed.
TaTra019.jpg

TaTra020.jpg

TaTra021.jpg

TaTra023.jpg

TaTra025.jpg

This is 1950 Tatra Plan, with a 4 cylinder pancake motor
TaTra026.jpg

TaTra027.jpg

TaTra029.jpg

TaTra031.jpg

TaTra032.jpg

TaTra033.jpg

TaTra034.jpg

TaTra035.jpg

TaTra045.jpg

Also in storage was this 1940 Ford Standard
TaTra046.jpg

TaTra047.jpg

The End

Interesting stuff.....lots of bird sh-t on the cars in that storage shed.
thanks for posting.

They say that if a bird shits on you it is good luck is it Darwin?The 40 looks good thanks for posting see you at the Auto Rama.:D

those are such cool looking cars. I remember the first time I saw a pic of one at a shop of a Czech mechanic. I was blown away and started to ask questions.

I've heard that mentionned Mark but I have my doubts.
Years ago I was fishing at Pickerel Lake Lodge with 3 buddies
A segull flew over, he crapped and it landed on my hat
I didn't catch a fish that day,lol

They say that if a bird shits on you it is good luck is it Darwin?The 40 looks good thanks for posting see you at the Auto Rama.:D

Thanks for the photos, now they would have to be a rare car anywhere now days, almost the perfect shape for a salt car to.

Qiuck save the 40 to it looks in pretty fair shape as well, it would be better sitting on the chassis though.

John the 40 does look real good there was a time that I would not look at a 4 door that was a long time ago it needs to be rodded .

Tatra's don't come up for sale too often, this guy probably bought every one. What a great bunch of cars.
I'd love to build a lowriding custom from any of them. The steering wheel & gauges are awesome, That big tail out back & the 3 headlights give it the lines that lend themselves to so many different slight mods to give it an awsome appeal. Give it a slight chop, throw a modern g-force type chassis under it with an alluminum fuel injected V8 up front, 5 speed manual trans, 18 inch wheels, etc :eek:. I'll stop now before the collectors come & hunt me down
The air cooled V8 is an interesting piece. Balance it & chuck a turbo on it with a modern 5 speed transaxle, who knows how to cool something like that but it would be cool in itself. I know, the collectors would not agree but as a teenager would say "whatever" :D

Thanks for the pics and info, a Tatra has been on my list of "cars to build one day" for some time, this post reminds me why I have one on my list.