What Did You Do Today? (2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just spending a quiet evening with my girl watching a movie and waiting for the new year,, in 20 minutes!

Happy new year to John and all the Ozzies and Frank and Linc and everyone out east.. we are still waiting here.

Bash:D

Frank all the best to you and Judy, here's hoping you have a way better 2012 than last year was for you.

Thanks Bash, We drove down the Gold Coast to see the New Year in with friends and the plan was to catch up with Rusty Olds but that went astray, had a good night though with a lot of laughs, and of course the jokes about how desperate are you for money John and you don't need to take the truck do do bank withdraws.

Today very casual around home here and caught up on a little bit more sleep and pigging out on choclate etc.

Yeah John, great words, congrats to all for making it thus far...another year, more deadlines and more hurdles. Damn roadblocks are are our 'points of interest'....
Worked on lights, not quite as nice as Al in Manitoba's but much more 'ambient' light in the shop. 'A' spindle removed, new one 'cleaned' up as should have been delivered state. Held a New Years 'activity/meet' and now ready for rest.
"Tomorrow is another day"
Greg
Happy New Yeares All!!!!!

Well a good morning all and now that it is January 1st.....all the best and success in 2012.

Now to business.
Okay, on the agenda this week is to get down to Sweetgrass, MT on Wednesday to pick up more additional parts.
Found that I was missing a key piece and didn't even know it until I was looking through on on-line catalogue early last week. Its a belt guard that bolts across the back ledge of the front cross-member to stop rocks from jumping up, getting tangled with the belts and in turn smacking the rad to cause a leak. Most effies are missing this piece over time.
Not made in metal anymore, just ABS plastic (weight reduction) so must paint it up to look like its metal.

Then I ordered another shifter knob too. Needs to be drilled and tapped for the shifter lever.
My shifter knob collection is expanding.

So, this coming weekend, install both items, as well as a few other detail pieces.

Last edited:
...Spent New Years Eve wet sanding and polishing... till 1:30am....and missed all the celebrating.... I look happy here cause when I get to the back of the car... I'm done....

picb0006Large.jpg

picb001Large.jpg

picb002Large.jpg

....Heres what I'm using. The paint is Dupont Chroma base/clear. The polishing compounds are in three different grits. Numbered and color coded (pads and containers) so not to mix them up. #1 will polish out scratches finer than 1200 grit. #2 is a finer grit so a better shine. #3 is for taking out the very fine swirls after you've washed/polished the car a bunch of times. So now I'm only doing #1 & 2. I'm sanding to 2500 grit so polishing a shine back with the multi speed polisher goes quick. Use a slow speed, keep moving it so not to burn thru the clear. There are instructions on the containers. The polisher is a low cost Princess Auto item. This is sort of a learning thing for me as its the first time I've done this. So no doubt there are people on here with better direction than I have. Time consuming but does noticably smooth/polish the clear. One thing you find is the places where the body man should have spent a little more time making it all a little straighter... ... ahhhhh.. that would be me.....
...And after spending half the night on this, I had to get up at 5am to go to work today... on 3 hours sleep.... going to be a long day......
...All the best to everyone in the New Year....
Stan. .................

.............on the couch, watching "Hell on Wheels'............suffering with a miserable cold:mad::mad:

Happy New Year to everyone!!:):)

Mike

Went out to finish the disc brake install, I hate flaring those tiny 3/16 brake lines but wanted to replace all the front steel lines, as luck would have it had a bad flare on one line so bent up another and flared it again-sucess no leaks now. Pressure bled the system and all appears well. Since it was a warm January 1st-45 today, washed the daily driver and took down the outside X-Mas lights. By 3pm it started raining so was a good excuse to watch the B-J reruns and have a snooze.

Checked out a way to use a Safari Van power steering box in the 52 Pontiac. Seems to work very nice with the stock front suspension. Oh yeah watched Junior Hockey.

...took the Roadster out for a spin and got caught in a shower or two. First wet weather experience of any kind and it was OK. I thought that the Rajah plug wires would be shorting out all over the place (rather like the fireworks in Melbourne on New Years)....but nooooooo, all was fine.
I did learn that I have to slow down (way down) making left-hand turns or get a mouthfull of road water from the left front tire (tastes like dirt and salt). Just another awareness for a novice Roadsterman......

Nothing car related... split some fire wood for shop, & raked leaves that i never got to earlier because of car related stuff!!! Waitin to get coupe into Malibu Upholstery.

Cleared an area in the shop, invited a bunch of friends who brought a bunch of food & drinks, had a live band & rang in the new year surrounded by hotrods & classic cars. Was a great time

Started to look into planning a build for a new garage in the backyard. I have a 16x26 attached to the house, that is just about full and need somewhere I can work on my cars here at home. I currently have my cars out at my dad's acerage and don't feel like going out there after work to start working on the cars in the evenings. I'd like to have everything here at my own house. Thinking about at 20 wide x 32 deep. Won't likely be happening til later in summer but like to have everything planned and ready to go.
Terry

Finished sanding the body shell and front fenders today, and seem to have caught myself a poopy cold! Damn!

Next time out will be to push the body and chassis outside and cleanup all the red dust everywhere!

Stan, thanks for the info, i have added this to my favorites.

Last edited:
We got home from Spokane and unpacked ............. Great 2012 celebration (besides the headache). Life is good........... the 58 should leave this week and then on to the 33 vicky.

Status
Not open for further replies.