oops - Did I buy that?

Martin

Well it happened again, At an estate sale to in Enderby B.C. on a small holding just to meet up with a couple of buddies and had to leave early for a pre arranged family day out, ooo, look, an old truck, I'll just leave an absentee bid. Well we get home after the day out and the wife checks the answering machine with a soo, looks like you bought another one, mmmmm and she was a little :mad: and I was a little:eek:
She pretty much has accepted that three old vehicles seems to be the right number and then I go and make it four, oops.

Enough of that I here ya say, where's the photo's, well, here, is the answer
1952 Mercury pickup (Mercury seems a theme at the moment)

7_SS_479_11_dsc020151.jpg

7_SS_479_12_dsc020161.jpg

7_SS_479_4_dsc020081.jpg

7_SS_479_2_peter2351.jpg

7_SS_479_13_peter2461-1.jpg

7_SS_479_12_peter2451.jpg

Has a small block V8 supposedly put in about 40 years ago but has been in the barn shed since about 1980.
I can't get it home till Tuesday and its killing me, I think it will look a different truck with a wash and clean though someone said I should not clean it, just get it running and drive it, I just can't resist the temptation of a soapy sponge:D

That does look like a good truck Martin, it'll be a great driver for you in th efuture after a wash :), so now I guess you have to decide which 1 of the fleet will have to go ......... hey better idea just add onto the workshop and problem solved. Just go through it like you have the A and you'll be laughing, the problem with a lot of cars when they have been sitting for that long all of the seals and what have you will start leaking as soon as you drive it. So unless you are going to go right through it from day 1 be prepared for an on going job of replacing seals etc.

You done did good ! Even people that don’t know about this are jealous ! Mercs are getting harder to find and you could, but shouldn’t, flip it. It’s an investment. (Wife half truths) :)

Found out today that the fella whom owned the truck was a mechanic that had two garages/shops back east and a wrecking yard. He apparently did the work himself. It used to have a big block in it but I beleive currently sports a 370 with auto trans. Grass to long to see the rear end.
It has two Lincoln seats in the front & home made checker plate running boards, rear bed and rear bumper. Has after market dials & other than the seats the interior is untouched. Has a heater I'm pleased to say.
Fuel tank behind the seat and at the rear, don't know which one is connected though, sports a pair of cherry bombs as well. Speaking to his buddy it appears that the trans only gets 1st and reverse but the engine could be turned over by hand on auction day.
A lot of surprises at how cheap I got it (all relative I suppose).
Took more pictures today in its "native habitat".
Man I'm itching to get it home but its gonna be a day or two yet:mad: and I'm back off to work again for 8 to 10 in 9 days which means no play time, boo hoo.

:eek::eek:Well get the tissues out, also for the storey.
As far as I can make out people have been wanting this truck ever since he grought it to Enderby, (its been visible from the road)
The last insurance tag was 78 and parked under cover since.
I seem to have flooked out on the purchase as the people that were after it either couldn't make it to the auction, got there too late or just thought it was going to be to much so didn't come.
I got there at 8 for 9 start but it was a 10 start, I left at 10:40 and left an absentee bid of $2,450 not expecting to get it. lots of talk around the truck of $3,500 to $4000 plus so it seems a few people left because of this,
I got home after a femaily day out to a message that said I got the truck for $2,100 :eek:
I can tell ya now that today I got it home, I'm back to work in 6 days ish so am not attemting to get it going but boy that oxidised paint is buffing up real nice. I think I've got one of those lucky Bastard moments under my belt and I'm very :D :D :D :D (can you see the spinach in my teeth):D :D
So yup $2,100. 21000 pennies, 1 10th of 21,000. however ya want it it was like a talking Canary, aka cheap and I iz Happy:)

OK, I did not have a femaily day out (as per typo last post) If I did that the wife would definitely get the divorce papers going regardless of the cars.
Read Family day out, hey what can I say, I'm typing with drunk fingers celebrating my latest acquizzzichion, akwizition, achweezition, aquazsition. Purchase (aha) aw, now my glass is empty.: I guess the optimist would say its waiting to be full again :D
oooo, by the way, yup $2,100. ( is that enough??):D

Yeeehaw, Some monkeying around with the engine, point plugs etc and a new condensor, hey presto its a running truck. well for as much petrol as I can get in the carb anyway, I is even more:D and the kids are :p though the wife is still a little :rolleyes:

I had the little polisher out and what paint is there is oooo, shiney, once de-oxidised. I do need wheels and tires so if any one local has any that would be great.

O by the way :D :D :D :D :D